List Building Methods – Where to Begin
Looking for List Building Methods to grow your lists? If you have been trying to make money online, you have already heard the phrase that “The Money is in the List.” Well it is very true. However, you do not need a list to make money…..just more of it. 😉
The first List Building Methods question appropriately is “where do I begin.” Luckily this is very simple if you have a website. Add an opt-in box to your site! Now the next question is where are these names and addresses stored? This is a bit trickier. WordPress does have a way to collect names and emails for users and log-ins, however if you want to make good use of your list, you need to invest in a top of the line Auto-Responder.
List Building Methods – Some Good Ideas
Adding a Website Opt-in Web Form on your Web Page we’ve already covered. This is a Static or In-Line Widget placed commonly in your sidebar. You can get a better result (more subscribers) by adding a free gift for the opt-in. So if you have an ebook product to give away add it and get those extra subscribers. This a basic List Building Methods.
Adding a Light Box Opt-In Web Form on your Web Page. A Light Box or sometimes called a Shadow Box is a Pop-Up that comes up a little while after the user is on the site. When it comes up, it shadows the background and it seems to Lighten the pop-up. It is a real attention getter and will get more Opt-Ins for your email list than the standard style or the normal Pop-Up. This is an exceptional List Building Methods. I recommend this option of Web Form.
Adding a Pop-Up Opt-In Web Form on your Web Page. Pop-Up is exactly like it sounds. After a user is on the site a bit, the opt-in form pops up over the landing page. This works better than the standard web form but the light box works the best. This is a good List Building Methods.
You don’t need to subscribe to AWeber, GetResponse or similar. If you want to use your own free custom solution that’s no problem, the Boomerang List Builder will work for you!
How does it work? It is very simple. You wrap your ebook pdf in Boomerang List Builder. It is a step by step process that you follow right in the software. You can add a graphic (like a picture of the ebook cover, and set changing codes or static codes that your client will need to subscribe to your list to get the code to open the product.
If they share your product the recipient will also have to subscribe to get the code to open it. So the more people share the file, the more subscribers you will get. I use these for give-a-ways and also on CNET free ebook products. On some of my sites I list products in an open page for download and they have to subscribe to open the books.
Now if you are thinking ahead, the software also has place to add your affiliate link to sell Boomerang and also gain sub-affiliates. This is one of the very best List Building Methods.
Joint Venture Give-A-Ways are always an option to get subscribers, share your products and become better known. Give A Ways are conducted on a routine basis and you can join almost any month. Choose a JV Give-A-Way that has products in your niche, join it and follow their instructions. After you go through the process a few times it is easy and you will quickly build your list.
JV Give-A-Way Tactics is a well known Give-A-Way program that you can look at for a possible program for yourself. This is the main JV Give A Way that I use when I want to add more subscribers. I also share them using Boomerang List Builder so they can share the product with their friends so I get even more subscribers. Give A Way programs are extremely important List Building Methods and also great for getting yourself known.
List Building Methods – What to look for in an Auto-Responder
There are several auto-responders that will work perfectly well for any small business with a small list. But what happens if the business takes off and you have thousands of names on the list. Can you move them to a better auto-responder? The answer to this is NO in most cases, which means you need to choose wisely. The only Auto-Responder I would ever recommend is AWeber.
Auto-responders should be capable of the following:
- Multiple Lists – It is advantageous to have multiple lists for individual products, different opt-in boxes for tracking, and for multiple website opt-ins.
- Double Opt-in – This is when they give you their name and email and then have to confirm they wish to do this. It solidifies that they will remain on your list for a longer period of time.
- Thank You response message for signing up. – It is important to relate to your clients on a personal basis right off the bat. It would be a good idea to offer them a bonus for signing up right in the thank you message.
- Follow Up message – After you’ve gained the subscriber it is important to provide content to them with some bonuses and tell them more about yourself. You can schedule a series of follow up messages, for instance once per week for as long as you’d like. The first time, you could write them manually and from then on they are automatically delivered when someone subscribes at the time you scheduled them.
- Broadcast Messages – You can select one list or several of your lists for email campaigns. Be sure your content is valuable and worthwhile to you subscribers. Add a free product with an up-sale to additional content to the free product or something related to it.
- Blog Broadcast or Newsletter – You should always send out newsletter when you created and published a new post or page. You can also add information of your upcoming events or personal adventures.
- Web Form Creation Tool – You’ll want to have opt-in forms that fit the look of your site. You’ll want to have the capability to add graphics to the web form like a book cover for a product they will get for subscription. Options for Static Boxes, Light Boxes and regular Pop-Ups. Then you’ll need the capability to provide that code yu add to your site to make it happen.
- List Statistics – How many people subscribed, unsubscribed, when they subscribed/unsubscribed, total number of subscribers per list and overall total, etc.
- Email Tracking – List Name, What list you’ve sent to; Sent Date, Date you sent the email; Subject, Title of the email; Sent, How many people you sent it to; Bounces, How many bad email addresses and did not get delivered; Complaints, How many people did not appreciate your email; Opens, How many people opened your email, Clicks, How many people clicked a link in the email; Sales, How many people purchased through the email.
- Applications (APPS) – WordPress Web Form Widget – Allows you to add/change a Web Form right from your Admin Panel; Facebook Web Form Widget, Allows you to add/change a Web Form right from your Facebook Page; PayPal App, Allows you to capture opt-in for anyone who buys through your PayPal enabled storefront. There are many more also. These are just a sample of what is available.
Obviously AWeber has all of the above and more. The training videos are great, plus they send out tips for writing emails, titling, marketing in general and of course the latest trends. No other Auto-Responder does all these type of things. Having an Auto-Responder like AWeber is the most important tool you can own for List Building Methods.
List Building Methods – Video Opt-In
There is a new product out (January 2013) called Easy Video Suite (EVS) that combines many tools into one tool for recording, editing, splicing videos together and publishing them. Do you want to know more about Easy Video Suite?
How does Video Marketing relate to List Building Methods? Well the point to me mentioning it here is the option to include an opt-in box that pops-up any time you want in the video. The box pops-up and the video stops until they subscribe. This makes it one of the most powerful tools for getting subscribers. You let them watch and get interested then the pop-up comes in when they are wanting more. It’s a genius idea from the creator, Josh Bartlett. If you will ever do any video marketing you should go take a look at this soon, because right now he is offering a great deal for the launch.